Welcome to Bränna Camping, situated in central Överkalix where the beautiful watercourses of Kalix River and Ängesån River converge. The campsite is near the 4* hotel Grand Arctic, shops, cashpoint, etc.
The campsite offers:
- 6 six-bed self-catering cottages
- 5 small camping cottages with 4 beds
- 57 caravan pitches with electricity
- Heated outdoor pool and children's pool
- Canoe hire
- Wireless Internet connection
- The self-catering cottages now have a separate bedroom and TV.
- BBQ area down by the river
- Latrine emptying facility for permanent tanks
- TV room
- Dining room with views over the rivers
- The playground has had more play equipment added
- Wood-burning outdoor sauna
Activities and sights in Överkalix, for up-to-date information, see also www.overkalix.se
Some of the things on offer:
Good fishing in rivers and lakes. Some of the lakes have been stocked with game fish.
"Laxens Dag" (The Day of the Salmon)
Överkalix summer market
"Harrens Dag" (The Day of the Grayling) fishing competition along Kalix River.
Rikti-Dokkas a 19th century settler's farm,
Sirillus with a Russian church with a domed roof, unique icon gallery and cultural café,
Martingården is Överkalix's community centre and dates from the 19th century,
Linafallet and Jockfall, two of the biggest waterfalls along the Kalix River,
Lillberget and Lansjärv, unique 6,000-year-old Stone Age settlements, and much more.
Just south of the community is Brännaberget, an outlook point with fantastic views.
A warm welcome to Överkalix and Bränna Camping!